Vera! Vera!

....What has become of you? Does anybody else here feel the way I do?

Name:
Location: Fort Worth, Texas, United States

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Play That Funky Music

Ok, so I am in this other country once, right? Well, and I am in a CD shop and very few people speak English in the country, but it just so happens that this particular shop has a dude who speaks excellent English and when he sees the CD's that I am searching for (Floyd at the time - go figure), he tells me, "Wait, you gotta hear this one." He then proceeds to play Leonard Cohen's Waiting for the Miracle, which is another one of my fav's. There was a connection there that I will never forget. That dude knew his stuff. Play DJ, play! If you would like a sample of Cohen, try going to leonardcohen and listen to a sample. I don't totally agree with the content of all his lyrics, but I appreciate his attempt to think about the deep things. (Man, how condescending did that sound?) And the wild thing about Cohen - he was born in 1934. Crazy to think that he is that age, but his voice......so so smooth and the dude is still writing. Sing on, brother, sing on. And to my favorite DJ from the other country, Keep Bringing It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home