Vera! Vera!

....What has become of you? Does anybody else here feel the way I do?

Name:
Location: Fort Worth, Texas, United States

Friday, January 13, 2006

Fighting for Grades....Is it Christian?

So, as a grader, you can often be some peoples' not so favorite person. I suppose that comes with the territory. I have discovered that some people will fight viciously over their grades, however, and it has struck me rather odd. My husband and I have for years spent endless hours, all-nighters working on projects while at school and our response is almost undoubtedly, "I could have done better." I don't want to toot my own horn, but when someone responds with "I deserve better...." I am struck with an odd feeling that arrogance and pride are at the root of the issue. Certainly, I have been disappointed when I have spent alot of time studying for something and discovered that I did not give what was asked of me, but I don't ever recall badgering a grader over a grade. Am I missing something? Is this proper Christian behavior? Perhaps there is a good explanation for doing this that I am not seeing because I don't do it. Please help if you find this to be acceptable behavior.

3 Comments:

Blogger Thomas Winborn said...

The problem stems from pride and sense of entitlement. I know it all too well. People think they deserve an A and then only if they do terrible work should they be lowered to a grade of A- or B+. It is ridiculous. They should realize that we all start from 0 and move upwards based on our merit.

I am tired whiners. If you can't hack it, then go to another school. If you can't go to another school because they are harder there, then realize how well you have it and see that what you got was most likely (almost always) MORE than you actually deserved. Am I right?!

10:11 PM  
Blogger Robino said...

Wow! It does seem like you know what I am talking about.

7:15 PM  
Blogger Sher said...

People can be such babies sometimes! I mean, I can remember times where I worked my butt off and thought I deserved a better grade, but never once bothered anyone about it. Why? Because it is in the past. Because in the long run what matters is not the grade, but what you learned in the process.

Some people get too stuck on what grade they make for a class. They miss the important things like the value of what they have learned. I say work hard, study hard, and do your best. That is all that really matters!

God looks at the effort and your heart in what you do. Do it all for His glory! Bugging graders is NOT for His glory! It is for YOUR glory!!!!

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home